- SPS-2HS is a 2-port FRAD/PAD and multiprotocol
packet switch intended for small remote branch offices.
- Typical applications include: access for the small
office in a multi-protocol environment / protocol converter (see Figure
1), and serving as a rate converter (see Figure 2).
- SPS-2HS provides access to public or private Frame
- As an access device to a Frame Relay network, the
unit supports Async, HDLC, IP, X.25 and Frame Relay traffic.
- The unit supports BECN/FECN signaling for
- A unique funneling mechanism adjusts feeder
throughput to CIR levels.
- LMI and ANSI PVC management protocols are supported
in compliance with ANSI T1.606, T1.618, T1.617 Annex D, and ITU Rec.
Q.922, Annex A.
- SPS-2HS supports CLLM management protocol and
complies with ITU REC Q.933, Annex A.
- X.25-configured links support permanent virtual
circuits (PVCs) or switched virtual circuits (SVCs). Link packet size is
up to 4096 bytes.
- SPS-2HS supports both mandatory and additional ITU
- Dial-up X.25 links are supported via a dial-up
modem controlled by a DTR signal.
- SPS-2HS supports X.25 multicasting.
- SPS-2HS supports X.32 protocol for a dial-up X.25
link. This enables users to access an X.25 network remotely, via a dial-up
modem with X.32, or to use the backup dial-up link for an X.25 or Frame
Relay network. The X.32 protocol supports V.25 bis commands.
HDLC TRANSPARENT ACCESS
- Multiprotocol links can be programmed to operate
with transparent HDLC for connecting bridges, routers and other HDLC
communication devices over X.25 or Frame Relay networks. The HDLC traffic
is encapsulated over X.25 or Frame Relay, providing end-to-end transparent
- Static IP routing is supported. IP packets are
routed to their destination via SLIP, X.25 or Frame Relay link, according
to the IP address.
- The IP protocol can be encapsulated over a Frame
Relay network, according to RFC 1490, or over an X.25 network, according
to RFC 1356.
- A management station can be connected directly to
SPS-2HS, using the SLIP protocol.
- SPS-2HS contains an SNMP agent, which enables
remote configuration, collection of statistics, status reports, and
diagnostics. The management agent can be programmed to periodically send
statistics and status reports to a maximum of
5 management stations.
- Configuration, monitoring and controlling of all
network resources can be performed from a RADview-PC or HPOV/UNIX SNMP
- SPS-2HS SNMP agent supports private and standard
MIBs, including MIB II with RFC 1213, RFC 1381 and RFC 1382 for X.25, and
RFC 1315 for Frame Relay.
- 2-port FRAD/PAD and multiprotocol packet switch
- Protocols supported:
Frame Relay, X.25, X.32, HDLC, SLIP and Async
- IP support:
- IP routing
- Standard IP encapsulation over Frame Relay (RFC
1490), or X.25 (RFC 1356) networks
- SNMP management using RADview PC / UNIX platforms
- Multiprotocol links with data rate of up to 2 Mbps
Miniature Multiprotocol FRAD/PAD
||Specify external power supply:
230 for stand-alone, regulated 230 VAC to 5 VDC, 700 mA
115 for stand-alone, regulated 115 VAC to 5 VDC, 700 mA (default is
without power supply)
||Specify port 1 (network) and port 2 (user)
V35/V35 for V.35 on both ports
V35/V24 for network interface V.35, and user interface V.24
V24/V24 for V.24 on both ports
X21/X21 for X.21 on both ports
External power supplies can be ordered separately:
for stand-alone regulated 230 VAC to 5 VDC / 700 mA power supply
for stand-alone regulated 115 VAC to 5 VDC / 700 mA power supply