- Megaplex-2200 is a flexible integrated modular
multiplexer, supporting up to 120 n x 64 kbps channels. PSTN, ISDN, and
data services are supported, either directly, or via built-in IDSL modems
compatible with ASMi-31 or other remote nodes with "U" interface.
Megaplex-2200 enables integration of multiple dedicated, voice, ISDN,
video and LAN channels onto four E1/T1 links. Megaplex-2200 splits the
voice and data channels and redirects the traffic to separate trunks,
maximizing efficiency by allowing each trunk to be connected directly to
the appropriate service.
- Megaplex-2200 is especially suitable for use as an
economical, compact remote multiplexer. It is ideal for serving small
communities, providing mixed services for both business and residential
customers. Megaplex-2200 can be deployed both at the exchange at the
point-of-presence, or at the remote distribution node location (such as in
a building's basement telecommunication cabinet).
- Megaplex-2200 can be mounted in 19" racks for
carrier and service provider environments. Two chassis variants are
- Megaplex-2200B (6U high) with connectors on back (ANSI standard)
for the North American market
- Megaplex-2200F (10U high) with connectors on chassis front (ETSI
standard) for the European market.
Both Megaplex-2200B and Megaplex-2200F chassis varients have slots to
support up to 11 I/O modules, in addition to the first main link module.
Both allow for hot-swapping modules without disconnecting cables.
- The cross connect matrix used with the four E1/T1
main links and common logic enables management and control of traffic in
case of failure. This, together with optional common logic, main link and
power supply redundancy, helps to ensure a high level of system
reliability on the Megaplex-2200 hubs. Additionally, the four E1/T1 main
links support 1+1 protective switching within 50 msec. The main links also
support integrated CSU/DSU and LTU.
- Megaplex-2200 is standards-based, ensuring
compatibility in multi-vendor environments worldwide. The E1 and T1 G.704
framing and signaling, PCM voice coding, ISDN and data interfaces, all
conform to international standards.
- Megaplex-2200 stores up to 10 different
configuration databases and can switch between them in case of any network
event. This feature enables alternate routing in case of failure.
- Extensive network management is provided on
multi-vendor management platforms via the use of standard SNMP protocol.
The Megaplex-2200 provides the control and monitoring required in large
networks by means of standard UNIX management platforms such as HPOV. For
smaller networks, a PC-based SNMP platform is available.
- The Common Logic module stores up to 10 databases
for independent configurations and events information. It communicates
(via a SLIP/PPP connection) with the management station by means of an
SNMP agent. FLASH EPROM for software download, Telnet and ASCII terminal
are also supported.
Main Link Modules
- The four E1/T1 main links module stores the matrix
information between the I/O channels and each of the four E1 or T1 links.
The module supports non-blocking cross connect for any n x 64 kbps, coming
from either the channels or from the links.
- The main links support 1+1 protective switching
within 50 msec.
- Four timing options are available:
- Receive clock from each link
- Internal crystal oscillator channel
- Clock from any high-speed module (HS-12, HS-6, HS-S, HS-U, HS-703)
- Station clock.
Any clock source can be set as fallback in the event of primary clock
- HS-12 and HS-6 with twelve or six
synchronous data channels, operating at multiples of 56 and 64 kbps.
- HS-703 with four G.703 64 kbps codirectional
- HS-R with four low speed data channels
operating at programmable data rates of 0.6 to 64 kbps for synchronous
interfaces, and 0.6 to 38.4 kbps for asynchronous interfaces.
- HS-U/1 with built-in IDSL modem operating at
rates from 0.6 to 128 kbps, for ranges up to 5.5 km (3.4 miles) over
2-wire copper lines.
- HS-U/I, HS-S supporting ISDN BRI interfaces
for ISDN extension over non-ISDN facilities with either "U" or "S"
- VC-12 with twelve PCM voice channel
interfaces. Each interface can connect directly to analog lines for direct
telephone, PABX extension or 2/4-wire E&M connections.
- Network management provides centralized control of
all network nodes, including interfaces configuration, connection setup,
alarm and management.
- All parameters are user programmable for up to 10
independent configurations (databases). All configurations are saved in
- Alarm status and system configurations are
available at all times. Multiple Megaplex-2200 hubs can be controlled from
a single PC or UNIX workstation.
- Programming and setup of a remote Megaplex-2200 is
- Via timeslot 0, or FDL bits
- Through the supervisory port of the remote unit, over a modem link or
over a FRAD
- Over a full in-band dedicated timeslot, supporting PPP, FR
encapsulation, and RIP2 standard protocols.
- Megaplex-2200 incorporates test features for rapid
fault detection and easy maintenance. Upon power-up, all system and I/O
modules undergo self testing. All problems are reported to the management
system. Local and remote loops may be performed on each channel and on the
- An internal test pattern generator available on
some I/O modules allows on-line testing of individual channels without
using external test equipment.
- Alarm information is stored in the common logic
module. Alarms are automatically read by the management system from any
node. Up to 256 alarms can be stored in a queue. Up to 1024 alarms can be
stored in a file on the PC, to be read by the management system.
- Integrated access platform performing both traffic
grooming and concentration
- Highly flexible modular multiplexer
- Supports alternate routing in case of trunk failure
- PSTN, ISDN and data services supported, either
directly or through built-in 2-wire "U" interface modems
- Main link module with four Fractional E1 or T1
links, featuring built-in programmable, non-blocking, DS0 cross connect
- Capacity up to:
- 44 2-wire "U" interface modems
- 120 analog voice channels
- 44 ISDN channels
- 44 G.703 codirectional channels
- 120 n x64 kbps data channels
- 44 V.110 low speed channels
- Common logic is used for management and control
- Optional redundancy for four E1/T1 main link
module, common logic and power supply
- 1+1 protective switching for E1/T1 links
- Broadcast support
- Out-of-band via V.24 supervisory port or Ethernet management port
- In-band via timeslot 0, FDL or dedicated timeslot
- RADview SNMP management system on PC or UNIX (HPOV)
- Telnet support
- Separate dial-in/dial-out port
- Supports SNMP agent and standard management
protocols: SLIP, PPP, FR encapsulation and RIP2
- TFTP support for Common Logic software upgrade
Megaplex-2200 is comprised of a Basic Unit (chassis, main link and
common logic modules, power supply and cables) and I/O modules. When
ordering, specify the basic unit required, plus all I/O modules (see
individual main link and I/O module data sheets).
6U chassis with 11 I/O slots
10U chassis with 11 I/O slots
System Modules can be ordered separately for special requirements (e.g.
redundancy or non-standard main link combinations).
MP2200$-PS/* Power Supply
MP2200$-ML-4#1 Main Link
MP2200$-CL-2 Common Logic
||Specify main link interface:
T for four T1 (1.544 Mbps) links
E for four E1 (2.048 Mbps) links
||Specify chassis configuration:
R for full redundancy (2x PS, 2x ML, 2x CL)
RP for partial redundancy (2x PS, 2x ML, 1x CL)
Default configuration is without redundancy (1x PS, 1x ML, 1x CL)
||Specify power supply voltage:
115 for 115 VAC
230 for 230 VAC
48 for -48 VDC
||Specify chassis type:
BM for MP-2100B chassis
FM for MP-2100F chassis