- The FCD-1L is a low-cost, single port CSU/DSU for
T1 or Fractional T1 services. The DTE port is selectable for any data rate
multiple of 56 or 64 kbps up to 1536 kbps. User data is placed into a T1
frame, using only the selected number of timeslots.
- Timeslot assignment is according to the data port
speed and is consecutive starting from any timeslot.
- The FCD-1L T1 interface is compatible with carrier
provided T1 services, including ASDS from AT&T, meeting all requirements
of TR-62421. It supports both D4 and ESF framed formats. Zero suppression
over the line is selectable for either Transparent, B7ZS or B8ZS. The
integral CSU ensures a range of up to 1 mile.
- The main T1 link may be clocked from the T1 network
recovered clock, from the DTE or from an internal oscillator. The DTE port
interface is internally selectable for V.35, RS-530/422. The physical
connector is 25 pin D-type female. Special adapter cables can be ordered
separately for X.21 and RS-449/422 (see Ordering).
- Setup and control of the FCD-1L is by internal
jumpers. Front panel switches control all diagnostics options. Maintenance
capabilities include user activated local loopbacks at the main T1 link
and DTE port.
- The FCD-1L responds to network activated loops (RLB,
LLB). The DTE port can respond to an in-band ANSI FT1 loop code that can
be generated from the remote FCD-1L DTE port. A pseudo-random data pattern
(BERT) can be transmitted for diagnosing the T1 link.
- The FCD-1L displays two alarm types on front panel:
major alarm and minor alarm. The alarms are displayed by front panel LEDs
which can be reset by front panel switch. The FCD-1L has a Severely
Errored Second indicator (SES). This indicator is ON when the Bit Error
Rate (BER) on the T1 line is above 1 x 10-3.
- When operating in the ESF format, T1 network
statistics are stored in memory in compliance with the ANSI version. This
information may be retrieved by the service supplier.
- The FCD-1L is available as a stand-alone unit or as
a card for the 19" rack that can accommodate up to 14 cards (ASM-MN-214).
A rack mount adapter kit (RM-9) enables installation of one or two stand
alone units in a 19" rack.
- T1 or Fractional T1 CSU/DSU
- Supports one DTE port
- Selectable sync data rates of n x 56 or n x 64
kbps, up to 1536 kbps
- DTE interface: V.35, RS-530, RS-449/422 or X.21
- Framing format: D4, ESF, Unframed
- Zero suppression: B7ZS, B8ZS, Transparent
- T1 interface: complies with AT&T TR62411, TR62421,
- Performance monitoring according to ANSI T1.403 (ESF
- Unframed over T1
T1 or Fractional T1 CSU/DSU, stand-alone version
T1 or Fractional T1 CSU/DSU, card version for ASM-MN-214
||Specify power supply
230 for 230 VAC
115 for 115 VAC
48 for -48 VDC
24 for 24 VDC
Adapter cable for RS-449/V.36 36-pin connector
Adapter cable for X.21 15-pin connector
Adapter cable for V.35 34-pin connector