Global Access Multiplexer
Call us for Pre-sales and discount pricing
GDC Metroplex 6000/E1:
Global Access Multiplexer
•Up to two E1 interfaces using the latest wideband technology
• Modular, scalable architecture reduces equipment investment and field repair time
• Supports a variety of both voice and data channel interfaces on one platform
• Provides VT-100 craft port control plus Telnet or SNMP management
General DataComm’s Metroplex® 6000/E1 represents a new generation of intelligent access multiplexers designed for cost effective and efficient customer premises E1 termination. The Metroplex 6000 replaces older wideband multiplexing technology with a compact, high channel density system that organizes branch office 64 Kbps and fractional wideband data along with voice traffic. It provides standards-based E1 access to wideband services, multiplexing data and/or voice channels onto one or two wideband lines. Data and voice traffic can be integrated at the branch office level and bandwidth can be shared by combining data with PBX applications via a true “drop and insert” capability.
Customers gain increased control of services that once resided in the telephone exchange, while achieving increased levels of supervision — ranging from management via a craft port interface or Telnet to sophisticated SNMP management via GDC’s HP OpenView-based, TEAM 6000 application.
Effective Service Provisioning
Effective Service Provisioning Metroplex 6000 helps service providers introduce a host of products that provision data and voice on one platform. With Metroplex 6000, migration to a premises-based solution, where the familiar wiring closet serves as the access point to wideband services, allows savings on loop
maintenance, central office space and equipment. The Metroplex 6000 paves the way for E1 service delivery based on new Digital Subscriber Line technologies (such as High bit rate Digital Subscriber Line or HDSL) that increase copper loop capacity and quality of service (QoS).
Some of the Metroplex 6000’s extensive range of applications include:
• Single-ended public network access multiplexing at the branch office level for corporate environments
• Service provider termination of voice and data using E1 at the customer premises (Figure 1)
• Point-to-point T1 multiplexing over private facilities with the added benefit of consolidated voice & data.
For More Information:
GDC Metroplex 6000 E1 Global Access Multiplexer PDF
GDC Products Page
Purchase orders accepted on General DataComm equipment
Contract Buying and Volume Discounts available !!
Please contact us 301-924-7400